Puritan Bennett 980 Ventilator ventilator system helps patients breathe more naturally through innovative breath delivery technology. The Puritan Bennett 980 has an intuitive and highly configurable touch screen display that gives clinicians the options to see as little or as much information as needed including five graph and loop layout options. On the digital communication board, the PB 980 offers multiple USB ports for connections to external drives and an HDMI output port to project the touchscreen externally.
The new Puritan Bennett 980 boasts safety features including a “ventilation assurance feature” that will allow for continued operation, as close to the preset settings as feasible, should certain system failures take place. There is an additional screen located on the breath delivery unit that provides a redundant check of ventilator operation, and the ventilator houses up to two batteries without a compressor installed.
Puritan Bennett ventilators also have an expiratory filtration system meant to protect both patients and care staff from cross-contamination.
Engineered to help patients breathe more naturally
The Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator helps enable patients to breathe more naturally† through some of the most innovative breath delivery technology available.
Our simple, safe, and smart design provides more natural ventilation that may help improve patient comfort.1
Our innovative user interface features a highly customizable display with intuitive screen navigation.
The Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator provides a unique ventilator assurance feature which, in the event of certain system failures, will continue to deliver ventilatory support as close to the preset settings as feasible, and has an integrated expiratory filtration system.
Advanced synchrony tools help clinicians set the ventilator to adapt to their patients’ unique needs and help provide the appropriate level of support throughout the breath.
- Versatile respiratory ventilator offers non-invasive SIMV and CPAP.
- Simple user interface with intuitive screen navigation capabilities.
- Customizable display for maximized efficiency.
- The ventilator assurance feature supports continued ventilation in the event of certain system failures.
- An integrated expiratory filtration system protects against cross-contamination for both clinicians and patients.
- Clinicians can use the unit’s advanced tools to synchronize the ventilator with patient needs, offering the appropriate breathing support.
- The software enables spontaneous breathing and supports biphasic or airway pressure release ventilation.
- Proximal flow sensor to measure lower flows, pressures and tidal volumes in neonatal applications.
- Tube compensation accurately overcomes the work of breathing imposed by the artificial airway.
- Standby mode pauses ventilation and maintains settings while the patient is disconnected and auto-detects reconnection.
- The color touchscreen has large font option for enhanced visibility.
- Multiple USB ports and an HDMI output.
- Networking capabilities allow interfacing with existing EMR systems.
Puritan Bennett 980 Ventilator Specifications
- Height: 58” (148 cm)
- Width: 12.5” (32 cm)
- Depth: 11.5” (30 cm)
- Weight: 113 lbs. (51.26 kg)
- Size: 15” (38.1 cm)
- Rotation: 170°
- Tilt: Up to 45° from vertical
- Oxygen and Air Inlet Supplies: Pressure: 241 to 600 kPa (35 psi to 87 psi); Flow: Maximum of 200 L/min
- Gas Mixing System: Up to 80 L/min for pediatric circuit type; Up to 150 L/min for adult patients.; Additional flow is available (peak flow to 200 L/min) for compliance compensation.
- Maximum Limited Pressure (PLIM max): Limits circuit pressure to < 125 cmH2O (123 hPa) at the patient wye
- Maximum Working Pressure (PW max): PW max is ensured by the high-pressure limit when PI is 90 cmH2O (88.26 hPa)
- Pressure Measurements: Type: Solid-state differential pressure transducer; Sensing position: Inspiratory module, expiratory module
- Flow and Volume Measurements: Type: Hot film anemometer; Sensing position: Inspiratory module, expiratory module; Type: Proximal flow sensor option utilizes differential pressure; Sensing position: Patient wye
- Oxygen Measurement: Type: Galvanic cell; Sensing position: Inspiratory module
- Oxygen Sensor Life: Up to one year; operating life varies depending on oxygen usage and ambient temperature
- Internal Inspiratory Filter Bacterial/Viral Filtration Efficiency: > 99.999%
- Internal Inspiratory Filter Particle Filtration Efficiency: >99.97% retention of particles 0.3 μm nominal at 100 L/min flow
- Exhalation Filter Resistance (Adult/Pediatric, Disposable): <0.7 cmH2O at 30 L/min (new); <0.35 cmH2O at 15 L/min
- Expiratory Filter Bacterial/Viral Filtration Efficiency: > 99.999%
- Exhalation Filter Particle Filtration Efficiency, Pediatric/Adult, Disposable: Maximum of 0.03% penetration of particles 0.3 μm nominals at 30 L/min flow
- Predicted Body Weight (PBW): 3.5 kg (7.7 lb) to 150 kg (330 lb)
- Modes: Assist Control (A/C), Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (SIMV), Spontaneous (SPONT), BiLevel, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Mandatory Breath Types: Volume Control (VC), Pressure Control (PC), and Volume Control Plus (VC+)
- Spontaneous Breath Types: Pressure Support (PS), Volume Support (VS), Tube Compensation (TC), and Proportional Assist Ventilation PAV+ software
- Ventilation Type: Invasive and Noninvasive (NIV)
- Pressure Support (PSUPP): 0 cmH2O to 70 cmH2O
- Rise Time %: 1% to 100%
- Expiratory Sensitivity (ESENS): 1% to 80%; 1 L/min to 10 L/min with PAV+
- Tidal Volume (VT): 25 mL to 2,500 mL; Resolution: 0.1 mL for values <5 mL; 1 mL for values 5 mL to 100 mL; 5 mL for values 100 mL to 395 mL; 10 mL for values ≥400 mL
- Respiratory Rate (ƒ): 1.0 1/min to 100 1/min; 1.0 1/min to 150 1/min with Puritan Bennett 980 Universal ventilator
- Peak Inspiratory Flow (VMAX): 3 L/min to 150 L/min
- Plateau Time (TPL): 0.0 to 2.0 seconds
- Inspiratory Pressure (PI): 5 to 90 cmH20
- Inspiratory Time (TI): 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- I:E Ratio: 1:299 to 149:1
- Expiratory time (TE): ≥ 0.20 seconds; Resolution: 0.01 s
- Trigger Type: Pressure-triggering (P-TRIG) or flow-triggering (V-TRIG)
- Pressure sensitivity (PSENS): 0.1 cmH2O to 20 cmH2O
- Flow sensitivity (VSENS): 0.2 L/min to 20 L/min
- O2%: 21% to 100%
- Positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP): 0 cmH2O to 45 cmH2O
- Apnea Ventilation Mandatory Type: PC, VC
- Apnea Peak Inspiratory Flow (VMAX): 3.0 L/min to 150 L/min
- Apnea Tidal Volume (VT): 25 mL to 2,500 mL
- Apnea Inspiratory Pressure (PI): 5 cmH20 to 90-PEEP cmH20
- Apnea Interval (TA): Apnea interval (TA) 10 to 60 seconds or Off in CPAP
- Apnea Respiratory Rate (ƒA): 2.0 1/min to 40 1/min and ≥60/TA
- Apnea O2%: 21% to 100% O2
- Apnea I: E Ratio: ≤ 1.00:1
- Apnea inspiratory time (TI): 0.20 to 8 seconds
- Apnea expiratory time (TE): 0.20 to 59.8 seconds
- Disconnect Sensitivity (DSENS): 20% to 95% or Off (when Puritan Bennett™ ventilator with Leak Sync software is disabled); 1 L/min to 65 L/min (when Puritan Bennett ventilator with Leak Sync software is enabled)
- Humidification Type: Heat-moisture exchanged (HME), non-heated expiratory tube, heated expiratory tube
- Humidifier Volume: 100 mL to 1,000 mL
- Patient Circuit Type: Pediatric and adult
- Negative Inspiratory Force (NIF): ≤ 0 cmH2O to ≥ -50 cmH2O
- P0.:1 ≥ -20 cmH2O to 0 cmH2O
- Vital capacity (VC): 0 mL to 6,000 mL
Advanced Displayed Patient Data
- % Leak: 0% to 100%
- Inspiratory Leak Volume (VLeak): 0 mL to 9,000 mL
- Leak: 0 L/min to 200 L/min
- Spontaneous Rapid Shallow Breathing Index (f/VT): 0.1 1/min-L to 600 1/min-L
- Dynamic Resistance (RDYN): 0 cmH2O/L/s to 100 cmH2O/L/s
- Dynamic Compliance (CDYN): 0 mL/cmH2O to 200 mL/cmH2O
- Inspiratory Compliance (C20/C): 0 to 1.00